1 Be familiar with
basic steps including vines, rocking chair, triple steps, rumba boxes, weaves,
jazz boxes, mambo steps, waltz basic and waltz twinkles, ¼ and ½ pivot turns, kick-ball-steps,
and locking steps.
2 Have some
experience dancing outside the comfort of the classroom.
3 Know at least 20
beginner dances well enough to dance them without a walk through
1. Learn advanced steps including Monterey turns,
Coaster steps, Sailor steps, Scissor steps, and Wizard steps.
Have some experience with tags and restarts.
3. Have experience dancing
outside the comfort of the classroom.
4. Attend at least one line
dance event (Space Coast Blast (Jan) or Barnananza(Aug) or Fun In The Sun.(July) or Florida Classic (Dec)
5. Know how to find step sheets (Copperknob) and videos of dances (You
6. Have some experience learning dances from different instructors
7. Know at least 20 improver dances
8. Be familiar with the Line Dance newsletter and weekly survey – know how to vote for your favorite dances.